Financial assistance at North Cedar Academy takes the form of merit-based scholarships and is offered to families who are otherwise unable to afford admission. NCA also occasionally offers scholarships to students in certain areas of the US or the world in which we seek to grow our enrollment. These scholarships are offered based on the student’s geographic location, and carry some merit-based requirements. You should always ask the Admission Office if any scholarships are available to students from your area. However, the vast majority of our financial assistance is need and merit based without regard to your location.
Families requesting financial assistance should submit an application through School and Student Services (SSS). We are very excited to be able to offer this service with SSS to our families! SSS is a secure, third-party verified system that will help us ensure fair and impartial assessments for all who apply for assistance. You will find that SSS is very similar to that of FAFSA for domestic families, as SSS strives to offer a similarly seamless process.
Here are some useful links for School & Student Services to help you get started:
- Create an SSS account
- Login to your existing SSS account
- Parents’ Financial Statement Workbook A step-by-step workbook that includes explanations, frequently asked questions, and line-by-line instructions to help you prepare for and complete the PFS online in the Family Portal.
- International Student Financial Aid Profile form To be used by international families and submitted alongside the PFS with supporting documents.
- General tax primer or Tax primer for business owners Review the tax forms that are most helpful for completing your PFS and get guidance on where to report specific amounts.
- Parent Webinars View free informational webinars for parents that provide valuable tips on completing the PFS.
- Submitting Required Documents Tips to help you successfully submit the tax documents many schools require.
- Tips for International Applicants Instructions geared toward those living overseas.
- Step-by-Step Guide Walk through the application process.
- Making Changes Learn how to edit your PFS after it’s been submitted.
- Understanding Your Family Report Learn how SSS arrives at your estimate of family contribution.
If you require further assistance with your SSS Financial Aid application, please visit here.