Title: Assistant Cook – Asian Cuisine
North Cedar Academy is seeking a highly motivated assistant chef to work in a boarding school setting. Individual must work cooperatively with students, co-workers, and administration in a positive and constructive manner.
Our ideal candidate::
- Has prior experience cooking Asian cuisine, ideally 2 – 5 years
- ServSafe certification a plus
- Possesses an eye for detail when creating and cooking Asian cuisine
- Delivers great customer service students and staff
- Demonstrates a passion for food
- Thrives in a fast pace work environment
- Must be a team player
- Will work a flexible schedule in accordance with the needs of the department (which includes evenings, weekends and holidays)
Job responsibilities include::
- Prepare and cook delicious food for international and domestic students
- Follow recipes, portion controls and presentation specifications
- Operate, clean, and maintain equipment/machinery, tools, and workstations
- Perform all kitchen duties as assigned including cleaning kitchen, dishes, cutting boards, equipment and floors.
- Maintain kitchen, cooking areas, kitchen equipment, refrigeration units and food storage areas clean, sanitary and organized.
- Use knives, hand tools, utensils, and equipment to portion, cut, slice, julienne, whip, beat, maintain holding temperature, chill, freeze or otherwise produce food.
Must be able to perform a variety of physical activities including, but not limited to, standing for long periods of time, walking, bending, reaching, repetitive hand and arm movements, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
Salary to be determined based on Education and Experience.
Please email or mail resume to:
North Cedar Academy
1500 Port Arthur Road
Ladysmith, WI 54848
Title: Director of Admissions and Financial Aid
The Director of Admissions and Financial Aid reports to the Executive Director and is charged with the direct oversight and management of NCA’s admissions, financial aid, and retention efforts. The Director of Admissions and Financial Aid also serves as a front-line admissions officer, playing a significant role in student recruitment from prospecting to closing, as well as supervising a small team of professionals who execute daily admissions work. The Director of Admissions and Financial Aid will have close working ties with and be a member of the School’s Senior Leadership Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs the enrollment process from inquiry to enrollment.
- Leads weekly admission staff meetings.
- Provides admission and retention data to all institutional partners.
- Evaluates and provides feedback to Admissions Team.
- Manages Admissions budget.
- Works to meet financial aid / net revenue targets.
- Interviews and directs prospects as they proceed from inquiry to enrolled.
- Assigns specific areas of responsibility to admission staff.
- Actively communicates with prospects and referral sources.
- Works with Division Head and faculty to contribute to our student retention program.
- Represents the School both on campus and off in his or her role as an Admission Officer.
- Actively participates in the Trusted Partner program by visiting and actively communicating with recruitment partners.
- Conducts campus tours.
- Travels to recruit students domestically and internationally.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Education / Experience Required:
- Bachelors Degree in marketing, education, or another appropriate field.
- 5+ years of experience in an independent boarding school or higher education admission setting with similar responsibilities, or experience in corporate sales or marketing.
- Outstanding oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- A clear understanding of and ability to articulate the mission of North Cedar Academy.
- Knowledge of and ability to use relevant tools for communication and reporting.
- Well-organized self-starter with strong sales and team skills, and a demonstrated ability to manage staff efficiently.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and frequent deadlines.
- Outstanding technical skills. Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, databases and other computer skills are required.
- Strong data analysis and reporting background.
- Weekend and evening work required; travel required.
- Strong sales or admissions background, efficient closer, strong, pro-active, sales philosophy, solid management skills.
- Proficiency in language other than English, and international travel experience preferred.
Submit position inquiries and resumes to: email@example.com